As the first semester of the 2016-2017 school year comes to an end, we should reflect and remember the semester for the events that unfolded. The first semester was one of academic, athletic, and artistic achievements for La Cueva High School.
- Aug 11 – The 2016-2017 began with the first day of school.
- Aug 15 – Fall sports season began with Football, Soccer, Track and Field, Cross Country, Volleyball.
- Aug 24 – Football team wins first game against Cibola, 31-26.
- Aug 29 – La Cueva earns an A rating again.
- Aug 30 – Coach Ashcraft wins 350th game.
- Sept 10 – DECA’s Muscle Walk fundraiser at North Domingo Baca park.
- Sept 22 – La Cueva’s Homecoming Game against Highland. Thomas Jensen and Alexys Percival crowned Homecoming King and Queen.
- Sept 23 – The Edition, Volume 32, Issue 1 was published.
- Sept 24 – Around the World Homecoming dance at La Cueva.
- Sept 29-1 Arsenic and Old Lace debuts at La Cueva’s PAC.
- Oct 1 – The fall sports season raged on at La Cueva.
- Oct 19 – Career Day at La Cueva and PSAT testing.
- Oct 28 – La Cueva football beats Eldorado in historical game.
- Oct 30 – Big Bad Bear Band finishes 3rd at Zia Marching Festival.
- Nov 5 – Boy’s Soccer wins state.
- Nov 12 – Football team loses first round to Onate.
- Nov 14 – Senior Abby Lutz wins trip to Europe to compete in the Model International Criminal Court.
- Nov 19 – DECA’s Western Region Trip.
- Nov 22 – Sports Hall of Fame ceremony.
- Dec 7 – Choir and Orchestra hosted their holiday concert together.
- Dec 10 – Cheerleaders took 3rd place at Metro competition.
- Dec 12 – The Edition, Issue 3 published.
- Dec 9 – Campaign to save Skye, La Cueva’s therapy dog, launched.
- Dec 16 – First semester comes to an end.
La Cueva achieved a lot during the first semester of the 2016-2017 school year, excelling and trailblazing in academics, athletics, and the arts. Things are going up at La Cueva and will continue into the new year.