PARCC test? Check. ACT entrance exam? Check. AP, EOC, finals? Check, check, and check.
The last six weeks of school can feel jammed with tests. Here are 5 ways to do your best and hopefully ace all of them.
- Be confident. You have been preparing for these tests all year long so don’t let the stress of taking a big exam lead you to making silly mistakes.
- Be physically prepared. You have probably heard this many times before, but go to sleep early and eat a healthy breakfast on the day of the exam. You don’t want to be focusing on your growling stomach when you should be focusing on your English test.
- Be comfortable. Dress in comfortable clothes and in layers. You don’t know what the temperature of the testing room is going to be, so be prepared for anything so you can focus on the test and not the temperature of the room.
- Be prepared and on time. Bring everything you will need for the test with you, like pencils, a calculator if one is allowed, a snack, and a book to read after so you have all the tools you need to do your best. Arrive on time so you aren’t rushed and stressed before the test even starts.
- Know the format of the test. Knowing what type of question the test has and if the test is timed can help eliminate surprises on the day of the exam and can help you feel more confident and prepared.