Juniors going on to senior year have received their registration cards for the 2016-2017 school year with sophomores and freshman soon to follow. Picking what classes to take can be a very stressful and daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be. Here are 5 tips for picking the courses that will make next school year as successful as possible.
- Know your schedule. Knowing what extracurricular activities you plan on doing will help you determine how much time you will have for homework.
- Talk to teachers. They will help you determine your skill level and what classes would be best for you. Talking to the teachers of classes you may want to take will help you determine exactly what the class entails and how much work the class will be.
- Talk to classmates. Talking to peers who have taken the classes you are considering will help tell what the class is like from another student’s perspective. Classmates can tell you how the class fit in with their schedule of classes and how much homework the class included.
- Know your options. Look at the course book on the La Cueva website and know what classes are available. Explore options like dual enrollment and CEC as well.
- Know your goals for the future. While you don’t have to have your whole life planned out, having an idea of what career field you want to go into can determine what classes you should take to prepare for college coursework.