CLAIRE PLYMALE | STAFF WRITER
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and sweet treats are essential. Whether you’re single or taken, these easy treats will definitely sweeten up your day! Here are three of my favorite festive Pinterest recipes.
1. Marshmallow Treat Hearts
Marshmallow rice treats are a classic and taste amazing when you make them from scratch. Plus they take less than ten minutes, which is always a plus!
♥ 3 tablespoons butter
♥ 1 package or 4 cups of marshmallows
♥ 6 cups puff rice cereal
- In a saucepan melt butter over a low heat. Then add marshmallows and stir until fully melted. Remove from heat.
- Add rice cereal and stir until well mixed.
- Press mixture into a pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter and cut treats. Add sprinkles and frosting to taste.
2. White Chocolate Popcorn
For all of the popcorn lovers out there, you have to try this delicious recipe!
♥ 12 ounces white chocolate
♥ 8 cups popped popcorn
♥ 1/2 tsp. salt
♥ (optional) conversation hearts
- Melt chocolate in microwave.
- Make popcorn and then pour melted chocolate over it. Mix until evenly covered. Spread popcorn on a baking sheet. Sprinkle evenly with salt, sprinkles, and conversation hearts.
- Cool for 10 minutes or until chocolate is hardened. Enjoy!
3. Decorated Pretzels
Need a cute present for a friend or special someone? These candy pretzels are perfect!
♥ Pretzel rods or twists
♥ Candy melts (red, white, or pink)
♥ 2 tablespoons of vegetable shortening
- Combine candy melts and the vegetable shortening in a bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring each time, until fully melted.
- Dip and cover each pretzel covering about a third of the surface. Then place pretzels on wax paper and decorate with your favorite sprinkles.
- Allow pretzels to harden for around an hour.