A news article about LCHS Principal Dana Richardson published on page five of the September print issue incorrectly reported the following pieces of information:
- Richardson started at La Cueva as a teacher. The correct information is Ms. Richardson started at La Cueva as 12th Grade Assistant Principal. She began her teaching career in Truth or Consequences, NM.
- Richardson and former principal Mr. Resch graduated from Eldorado in 1983. The correct information is both graduated from Eldorado, but in different years.
- Contradictory statements that Richardson does not have plans for making changes to the school and Richardson has already admitted to having numerous plans of change. The correct information is Ms. Richardson does not intend to make significant changes in her first year as principal; she will continue the initiatives implemented over the last two years.
- One of Ms. Richardson’s goals this year is to enforce the dress code more than last year. The correct information is that Ms. Richardson has made no changes to the level of dress code enforcement, nor have dress code expectations changed.
- Change is on its way in the La Cueva halls. The correct information is that while Ms. Richardson is a different person than Mr. Resch, La Cueva policies, practices, and halls remain unchanged.
The Edition editors and adviser also acknowledge that the tone of the student quote featured in the pull-out does not do justice to the office of head principal. We sincerely apologize for editorial oversight. We strive to maintain ethical standards for due diligence and to be thoughtful and concerned for the welfare of all our school.